For this week the assignment was to mount a motor so I decided to use a motor I have never used, a stepper.
For the base and the support of the motor I wanted to use the crappy wood I got for my first project and I did not use. In this case, it would be ok to work with because it was needed just to hold the motor and pieces.
Cutting the wood.
To attach the motor to the wood a used the Stepper Motor Mount from Adafruit and to mount the timer belt a classmate suggests me to use a small piece of wood and make a hole in the middle to pass the mount of the weel for the timer belt.
After mounting the motor to the wood pieces, I had to think on an idea to hold a small little wood stick on the belt, so I decided to create a custom acrylic holder for this purpose.
The holder worked good but the stick did not stay straight as I wanted. So I grabbed to pieces of junk wood and I made and glued as a rail.
For the top part, I used foam to cover the engine and left just a little channel to pass the stick through. To mount the top part I cut a few blocks of wood and also glued to the top.
Finally, I cut and glued some triangle shapes to decorate the top.